J.D., Boston College Law School
B.A., Brown University
United States District Court, Massachusetts
Professional Activities and Organizations
Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
Chair, Civil Litigation Section Council (2013-2014)
Member, Civil Litigation Council (2011-2013)
Member, Boston Bar Association
Member, American Bar Association
Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
Partner and co-founder of Arrowood LLP, Jed DeWick is a litigator and trial lawyer who has successfully represented businesses and individuals in federal and state court, as well as before arbitration panels of the American Arbitration Association and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Jed’s broad range of experience in complex and high stakes civil litigation includes cases involving claims of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of confidential information, unfair and deceptive trade practices, violations of the Massachusetts Wage Act, violations of non-compete provisions, wrongful termination, and disputes regarding executive and partnership compensation.
Admitted to practice in Massachusetts and in the United States District Court of Massachusetts, Jed is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Boston Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. In 2013, he was appointed to a one-year term as Chair of the Massachusetts Bar Association Civil Litigation Section Council. Jed is also a Fellow of The Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society, and he has been recognized by Massachusetts Super Lawyers each year since 2006.
He is the author of the chapter on summary judgment practice in the LexisNexis Practice Guide: Massachusetts Civil Pretrial Practice, and has participated on CLE panels concerning trial practice.
Jed is a graduate of Brown University and Boston College Law School. At Brown, he was a captain of the men’s lacrosse team and a two-time Division I All-American.
Prior to co-founding Arrowood LLP, Jed was an associate at the Boston litigation firm of Todd & Weld.
- Served as trial counsel and obtained a multimillion dollar arbitration award on behalf of a private equity partner against former partnership in a dispute over carried interest compensation and misappropriation of confidential information.
- Served as lead trial counsel and obtained a defense jury verdict on behalf of an international cybersecurity firm against its former president and board member who was seeking more than $1 million in unpaid compensation.
- Served as lead counsel on behalf of a publicly traded construction company in a $30 million dispute over a mixed-use real estate development and associated environmental remediation.
- Served as trial counsel and obtained a defense jury verdict on behalf of an international investment firm against a former portfolio manager who was seeking in excess of $13 million in damages for wrongful termination and discrimination.
- Represented an international financial services firm and obtained summary judgment against a former investment analyst who was claiming more than one million dollars in unpaid compensation.
- Served as lead trial counsel on behalf of an international software company in a case involving claims of breach of contract and violations of the Massachusetts Wage Act.
- Served as lead counsel on behalf of publicly traded industrial engineering services firm and obtained dismissal of discrimination and whistle blower claims under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Obtained preliminary injunction on behalf of an investment firm prohibiting a resigning portfolio manager with more than $20 billion under management from joining a competitor.
- Served as trial counsel and obtained a $1 million arbitration award on behalf of a publicly traded software consulting firm in a breach of contract claim against a former client.
- Served as lead trial counsel and obtained a jury verdict and award of treble damages and attorneys’ fees on behalf of a real estate developer on claims of breach of contract, misrepresentation, and violations of Chapter 93A stemming from a real estate transaction.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of the majority shareholders of a closely-held corporation against former minority shareholders who were seeking more than $30 million in damages for alleged breaches of fiduciary duties and “freeze-out.”
- Served as trial counsel for a wealth management professional in an arbitration against his former employer involving claims and counter-claims of breach of contract, misrepresentation, wrongful termination, and violations of the Massachusetts Wage Act.
- Represented the founder and former president of a publicly traded biotech company in connection with his departure from the company.
- Represented an international engineering and construction firm in claims brought by former project manager for breach of contract, breach of the duty of good faith and fair dealing, and misrepresentation.
Jed has also successfully represented clients in these wrongful death, catastrophic injury, and medical malpractice lawsuits:
- Served as lead trial counsel and obtained a $1.1 million jury verdict on behalf of a woman who suffered a bowel perforation during a surgical procedure against the former Chief of Urology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- Served as trial counsel and obtained a $1.99 million jury verdict on behalf of the husband and children of a pregnant woman who died as a result of being given contraindicated medication.
- Obtained $5.25 million settlement for a child who suffered brain damage as a result of the failure to diagnose necrotizing fasciitis in his pregnant mother, as well as for the significant injuries suffered by the mother as a result of the delayed diagnoses.
- Obtained $5 million settlement for the family of a child who developed kernicterus and cerebral palsy as a result of a failure to treat hyperbilirubinemia in an appropriate and timely manner following his premature birth.
- Obtained $3 million settlement in a case in which it was alleged that a neonatal intensive care unit nurse administered a massive overdose of pancuronium bromide, or Pavulon, to a baby who was born prematurely at 24 weeks. As a result of the overdose, the baby developed kernicterus.
- Served as trial counsel and obtained a plaintiff’s jury verdict in a wrongful death case against a cardiologist who failed to provide appropriate treatment.
- Served as lead counsel and obtained a $650,000 settlement on the eve of trial on behalf of family of college student who committed suicide while under the care of an advanced practice mental health nurse at a university health services.
- Obtained $1.5 million settlement of claims against an insurance company for bad faith settlement practices in violation of Chapters 176D and 93A.
- Served as lead counsel on behalf of a widow in a bad faith settlement practices claim in violation of Chapters 176D and 93A against an insurance company following a $10.2 million wrongful death jury verdict.
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Commercial Litigation since 2021
- Selected in 2019 as a Fellow of The Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society
- Named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer for Business Litigation, 2015-present
- Named a Massachusetts Rising Star by Super Lawyers, 2006-2014
Publications and Lectures
- Author, “Summary Judgments” chapter, LexisNexis Practice Guide: Massachusetts Civil Pretrial Practice, 2012
- Panelist, “The State of Jury Voir Dire in Massachusetts,” Boston Bar Association, 2016
- Panelist, multiple CLE panels concerning trial practice
News & Results
Arrowood LLP Recognized in Best Law Firms® 2024 Edition
Posted on: 11/02/2023
Jed DeWick and Sarah E. A. Sousa Win Dismissal of Discrimination Case
Posted on: 10/26/2023
Six Arrowood LLP Attorneys Selected to 2023 Super Lawyers
Posted on: 10/17/2023
Arrowood LLP Partners Selected For The Best Lawyers in America
Posted on: 08/17/2023
Jed DeWick Defeats Motion to Dismiss in Delaware’s Court of Chancery
Posted on: 10/21/2022
Seven Arrowood LLP Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Posted on: 10/17/2022
Three Arrowood Lawyers Named To The Best Lawyers in America for 2023
Posted on: 08/30/2022
Three Arrowood LLP Attorneys Named To The Best Lawyers in America©
Posted on: 08/19/2021
Jed DeWick and Maggie Strauss Obtain Summary Judgment on Behalf of Real Estate Development Client
Posted on: 08/16/2021
Arrowood LLP Defends Toll Bros. in Pending Lawsuit
Posted on: 04/06/2021
Arrowood LLP Named a “Best Law Firm” For 2021
Posted on: 11/06/2020
All Nine Arrowood LLP Attorneys Named 2020 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Posted on: 10/26/2020
Three Arrowood LLP Lawyers Named to 2021 The Best Lawyers in America List
Posted on: 08/24/2020
Jed DeWick Represents CGIT Systems Inc. in Covid-Related Discrimination Case
Posted on: 08/14/2020
8 Arrowood LLP Attorneys named to the 2019 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Posted on: 10/14/2019
5 Arrowood LLP Attorneys named to the 2018 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Posted on: 10/19/2018
5 Arrowood LLP Attorneys Named to 2017 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Posted on: 10/18/2017
Jed DeWick Wins Jury Verdict for International Cyber Security Firm
Posted on: 10/28/2016
5 Arrowood LLP Attorneys Named to the 2016 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Posted on: 10/18/2016
Lisa Arrowood, Jed DeWick, and Elizabeth Kayatta Win Jury Verdict for Fidelity Investments
Posted on: 05/03/2016
Arrowood LLP Attended the BBF Adams Beneft
Posted on: 01/31/2016
Jed DeWick to Participate in Panel Discussing Jury Voir Dire
Posted on: 01/21/2016
Four Arrowood LLP Attorneys Named to the 2015 Super Lawyers List
Posted on: 10/26/2015
Tobacco ‘Dream Team’ Includes Arrowood LLP Attorneys
Posted on: 10/12/2015
Boston Globe Covers Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filing
Posted on: 09/15/2015
Jed DeWick and Elizabeth Kayatta Win $650,000 Settlement in College Suicide Lawsuit
Posted on: 04/06/2015
Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Article Features Recent Trial Victory
Posted on: 03/09/2015
Jed DeWick and Elizabeth Kayatta Win $1.1 Million Verdict in Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Posted on: 02/18/2015
Lisa Arrowood and Jed DeWick Reach $5.25 Million Settlement in Child Brain Injury Case
Posted on: 01/12/2015
Six Arrowood Peters Attorneys Named to the 2014 Massachusetts Super Lawyers & Rising Stars Lists
Posted on: 10/17/2014
Lisa Arrowood and Jed DeWick Obtain Summary Judgment On Behalf of Large Financial Services Firm
Posted on: 03/04/2014
Jed DeWick Appointed Chairperson of the Massachusetts Bar Association Civil Litigation Section Council
Posted on: 11/15/2013
Six Arrowood Peters Attorneys Named 2013 New England Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
Posted on: 11/01/2013
Jed DeWick Provides Pro-Bono Representation to Victims of Boston Marathon Bombing
Posted on: 06/20/2013
Five Arrowood Peters Attorneys Named to 2012 New England Super Lawyers
Posted on: 11/01/2012
Four Arrowood Peters LLP Attorneys Named 2011 New England Super Lawyers
Posted on: 11/01/2011
Lisa Arrowood, Kevin Peters, Raymond Ausrotas, and Jed DeWick Found Arrowood Peters LLP
Posted on: 09/19/2011
Lisa Arrowood and Jed DeWick Obtain $3M Settlement in Kernicterus Case
Posted on: 03/07/2011
Lisa Arrowood Named in 2010 “New England Super Lawyers” Magazine
Posted on: 11/02/2010
Lisa Arrowood and Jed DeWick Achieve $700,000 Settlement for Client
Posted on: 07/05/2010
Lisa Arrowood and Jed DeWick Win $1.9 Million Verdict in Medical Malpractice Trial
Posted on: 05/18/2009
Lisa Arrowood and Jed DeWick Settle Medical Malpractice Claim for $315,000
Posted on: 11/15/2008
Lisa Arrowood and Jed DeWick Obtain $460,000 Settlement for Family in Infant Death Case
Posted on: 05/05/2008
$350,000 Settlement for MS Diagnosis Not Reported by Doctor
Posted on: 01/08/2007
$5 Million Settlement for Family of Child With Brain Damage Following Birth
Posted on: 09/14/2006