Arrowood LLP represents injury victims and their families in a wide variety of personal injury and wrongful death actions including products liability actions, trucking and automobile accidents, and construction and industrial accidents. Arrowood LLP’s attorneys have extensive experience litigating and trying personal injury cases and are well-regarded in Boston and beyond for our zealous advocacy on behalf of our clients. Arrowood LLP is committed to aggressively pursuing results for our injured clients and we believe that the best way to achieve victory at settlement is to prepare each and every case for victory at trial.
Arrowood LLP’s expertise includes, but is not limited to:
- Wrongful Death
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Post concussive syndrome
- Prosthetic Hip Failures
- Products Liability
- Car Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Lung Cancer Induced by Cigarette Smoking
- Construction Worker Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Popcorn Lung Illness
- Premises Liability
- Vehicle Accidents
Cases & Results
- Lisa G. Arrowood obtained an $8,400,000 settlement in a lawsuit arising out of the deaths of several individuals who died of smoke inhalation after being trapped in a burning office building in Newton, Massachusetts. Ms. Arrowood represented the families of the decedents in the lawsuit against the building’s landlord for failing to correct code violations and for failing to timely call the fire department. The suit was also brought against the alarm company that had been hired to install horns and strobes on the property, but which had abandoned the job prior to completion only two weeks before the deadly fire occurred.
- Achieved a $5 million settlement at a pre-suit mediation for a 56-year-old woman who sustained a life-threatening traumatic brain injury when she fell on a cement staircase in her home. We represented the injured woman’s brother and conservator. Prior to mediation, we hired a premises liability expert, a life care planner, settlement planners, benefit advisors and a trust attorney to draft and administer a special needs trust for the injured woman. After mediation, we hired outside probate counsel to file a petition to expand our client’s authority to create and fund the special needs trust. The court ultimately allowed the petition based on the recommendations of a guardian ad litem who had been appointed to review the settlement.
- Lisa G. Arrowood and Raymond P. Ausrotas won a $2,620,000 verdict on behalf of an autistic child who had been physically abused at the Boston Higashi School, a private school for autistic children in Massachusetts.
- Obtained a $1,700,000 settlement for a 58-year-old cyclist struck and killed by a motorist. The driver’s insurer tendered its full policy and the remainder was recovered from the deceased’s own underinsured motorist policy. The cyclist was survived by his wife and two adult children.
- Lisa G. Arrowood obtained a settlement of nearly $1,000,000 for a 35-year-old woman who suffered grievous injuries in a motor vehicle accident. The woman’s dominant arm was nearly severed when the car in which she was a passenger collided with another vehicle and rolled over, causing her disfigurement and permanent loss of use of her arm. The settlement was reached at a mediation soon after litigation was filed.
- Obtained a settlement of $750,000 for a college student who was hit by a car while crossing the street near her college campus, causing her to suffer traumatic brain injury and broken bones.
- Lisa G. Arrowood obtained a settlement of $410,000 for a 76-year-old woman who was thrown from the back of a golf cart and seriously injured while attending a college reunion event.
- Represented college-aged client in personal injury matter involving fall on ice in driveway of client’s off-campus apartment. We procured video footage of the fall and obtained a $200,000 settlement at a pre-suit mediation on behalf of our client.
- Obtained an $85,000 pre-suit settlement of wrong prescription personal injury matter on behalf of our client who suffered from a heart condition. Our work on the case included negotiation of a Medicare lien on behalf of our client.
- Our client contracted legionnaires disease with crippling consequences. We successfully identified the source of legionella bacteria that caused the disease, sued the owner of the containment tank within which the client contracted the disease, and settled the matter for enough money that the client was able to live comfortably despite his career-ending disability.