Arrowood LLP handles a broad range of legal malpractice cases, including legal malpractice claims and defenses related to business litigation, employment law, personal injury, and other areas. Unlike many firms, Arrowood LLP has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in actions for professional negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, and attorney-client fee disputes.
When facing allegations of professional negligence, many attorneys and firms in Massachusetts have turned to the attorneys at Arrowood LLP for legal representation. The firm has also successfully represented individuals and corporations in actions against their former counsel for legal malpractice, including claims for deficient handling of litigation, missed statutes of limitation, improper advice or conduct, negligent drafting of documents, and undisclosed conflicts of interest.
The firm’s depth of experience with litigation uniquely positions Arrowood LLP to handle the so-called “case within a case” aspect of legal malpractice claims, allowing the firm to handle even the most technical and challenging cases involving individual attorneys or entire law firms. Founding partner, Lisa G. Arrowood, also has experience as a consulting expert witness in legal malpractice cases.
Cases & Results
- A $600,000 settlement for a client against his former attorney for alleged disloyal conduct and negligent preparation of contracts.
- A $300,000 pre-suit settlement for a corporation that had been erroneously advised by a law firm concerning employee layoffs.
- A $275,000 settlement against an attorney who had drafted a defective Medicaid trust, leaving the settlor improperly liable for the costs of her long-term care.
- A $100,000 pre-suit settlement against a law firm for negligent advising and misrepresentations.
- Recovered 100% of a client’s unpaid wages from his former attorney, who had missed the statute of limitations for filing a wage claim against the client’s former employer.
- Successfully defended an attorney who had been sued for legal malpractice, securing summary judgment and dismissal of all claims against him.