J.D., Boston College Law School
B.A., Boston College
United State District Court, Massachusetts
Professional Activities and Organizations
Member, Boston Bar Association, 2017-present
Co-chair, New Lawyers Advisory Forum, 2020-2021
Co-chair, Casino Night Committee, 2019
Member, Women’s Bar Association, 2017-present
Member, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, 2019-present
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
Cathleen Liacos’ diverse practice focuses on complex civil litigation matters in the areas of professional malpractice, employment, and business disputes. She has represented plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of matters arising in both state and federal court.
Recognized as a “Rising Star” in Massachusetts by Super Lawyers magazine each year from 2019 through 2023, Cathleen prioritizes client advocacy and handles every stage of the litigation process with exceptional care. She has successfully mediated, settled and tried legal malpractice and commercial disputes as well as personal injury and medical malpractice cases on behalf of clients who have sustained catastrophic injuries.
An active member of the Boston Bar Association, Cathleen has taken on multiple leadership roles with the organization. She is currently a member of the Senior Associates Forum Steering Committee. In 2021, she was named to BBA’s Public Interest Leadership Program, a selective program dedicated to promoting civic engagement and public service by advancing the leadership role of lawyers in service to their community, their profession, and the Commonwealth. She also served on the BBA’s Casino Night Committee, supporting an annual fundraising event to benefit youth programming through the Boston Bar Foundation. Cathleen is a also member of the Women’s Bar Association and the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys.
Proud to be a double Eagle, Cathleen attended Boston College and Boston College Law School. As an undergrad, she earned her B.A. in economics and served as president of both the undergraduate law society and a human rights group on campus. While at BC Law School, Cathleen was selected to a National Moot Court team and was a teaching assistant for the first-year course, Legal Reasoning, Research and Writing. Cathleen also provided pro bono legal services to low-income clients in housing and family matters at the Boston College Legal Assistance Bureau.
- Won a $5,000,000 settlement in a personal injury matter on behalf of a 55-year-old woman who sustained life threatening injuries, including a traumatic brain injury, and who will require lifelong medical care.
- Won a $4,443,486.07 verdict where patient complained of a painful and growing lump in her right breast but her primary care physicians failed to timely refer for imaging or appropriate medical treatment with a specialist to rule out breast cancer, allowing her undiagnosed cancer to metastasize and cause her death. Claims were brought against the United States under the Federal Tort Claim Act as the defendants were federal employees.
- Obtained a $2,000,000 settlement at mediation in wrongful death case where cardiologist failed to send a twenty-five-year-old patient abnormal echocardiogram results indicative of cardiomyopathy (a potentially fatal cardiac condition), and patient was therefore unaware of cardiac condition, was not treated or monitored by a cardiologist, and died as a result of his cardiac condition at twenty-nine years old.
- Achieved a victory at the summary judgment stage on behalf of a Massachusetts municipality in an employment discrimination matter.
Honors and Awards
- Named a Massachusetts Rising Star for Civil Litigation by Super Lawyers, 2019-present
- Selected to Boston Bar Association’s 2021 Public Interest Leadership Program
Publications and Lectures
- Speaker and Moderator, Increasing Visibility as a New Lawyer, Boston Bar Association 2023
- Speaker, Practicing with Professionalism, Boston Bar Association, 2019-2021
- Speaker, Summer Associate Program Series, Boston Bar Association, 2020
- Speaker, Leadership Retreat, Boston Bar Association, 2020
- Presenter, Law Day in the Schools program, Boston Bar Association, 2018-2019
- Volunteer and mentor, Big Sister Association of Greater Boston, 2011–present.
News & Results
Arrowood LLP Secures $2 Million Settlement in Wrongful Death Case
Posted on: 11/30/2023
Six Arrowood LLP Attorneys Selected to 2023 Super Lawyers
Posted on: 10/17/2023
Seven Arrowood LLP Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Posted on: 10/17/2022
Lisa G. Arrowood and Cathleen Augusto Win $4.4 Million Verdict In Failure To Diagnose Breast Cancer Case
Posted on: 09/21/2021
Cathleen Augusto, Arrowood LLP Associate, Chosen for Boston Bar Association’s Public Interest Leadership Program
Posted on: 01/27/2021
All Nine Arrowood LLP Attorneys Named 2020 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Posted on: 10/26/2020
8 Arrowood LLP Attorneys named to the 2019 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Posted on: 10/14/2019
Cathleen Augusto was appointed co-chair of the Boston Bar Association’s New Lawyers Forum.
Posted on: 06/07/2019
Cathleen Augusto will co-chair the event steering committee for the BBF’s 10th Annual Casino Night
Posted on: 03/12/2019
Cathleen Augusto and Sarah Sousa held a panel discussion entitled “How to Excel as a Second Chair” on behalf of the New Lawyers Section at the Boston Bar Association.
Posted on: 06/05/2018