10 Post Office Square
7th Floor South
Boston, MA 02109
Cathleen (Augusto) Liacos
J.D., Boston College Law School
B.A., Boston College
United State District Court, Massachusetts
Professional Activities and Organizations
Member, Boston Bar Association, 2017-present
Co-chair, New Lawyers Advisory Forum, 2020-2021
Co-chair, Casino Night Committee, 2019
Member, Women’s Bar Association, 2017-present
Member, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, 2019-present
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
Cathleen (Augusto) Liacos’ diverse practice focuses on complex civil litigation matters in the areas of professional malpractice, employment, and business disputes. She has represented plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of matters arising in both state and federal court.
Recognized as a “Rising Star” in Massachusetts by Super Lawyers magazine in 2019 and 2020, Cathleen prioritizes client advocacy and handles every stage of the litigation process with exceptional care. She has successfully mediated, settled and tried legal malpractice and commercial disputes as well as personal injury and medical malpractice cases on behalf of clients who have sustained catastrophic injuries.
An active member of the Boston Bar Association, Cathleen has taken on multiple leadership roles with the organization. She was named to BBA’s 2021 Public Interest Leadership Program, a selective program dedicated to promoting civic engagement and public service by advancing the leadership role of lawyers in service to their community, their profession, and the Commonwealth. She also served as co-chair of BBA’s New Lawyers Advisory Forum and BBA’s Casino Night Committee, an annual fundraising event to benefit youth programming through the Boston Bar Foundation. Cathleen is a also member of the Women’s Bar Association and the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys.
Proud to be a double Eagle, Cathleen attended Boston College and Boston College Law School. As an undergrad, she earned her B.A. in economics and served as president of both the undergraduate law society and a human rights group on campus. While at BC Law School, Cathleen was selected to a National Moot Court team and was a teaching assistant for the first-year course, Legal Reasoning, Research and Writing. Cathleen also provided pro bono legal services to low-income clients in housing and family matters at the Boston College Legal Assistance Bureau.
- Won a $5,000,000 settlement in a personal injury matter on behalf of a 55-year-old woman who sustained life threatening injuries, including a traumatic brain injury, and who will require lifelong medical care.
- Achieved a victory at the summary judgment stage on behalf of a Massachusetts municipality in an employment discrimination matter.
Honors and Awards
- Selected to Boston Bar Association’s 2021 Public Interest Leadership Program
- 2020 Rising Star for Civil Litigation, Super Lawyers
- 2019 Rising Star for Civil Litigation, Super Lawyers
Publications and Lectures
- Speaker, Summer Associate Program Series, Boston Bar Association, 2020
- Speaker, Leadership Retreat, Boston Bar Association, 2020
- Speaker, Practicing with Professionalism, Boston Bar Association, 2019-2020
- Presenter, Law Day in the Schools program, Boston Bar Association, 2018-2019
- Volunteer and mentor, Big Sister Association of Greater Boston, 2011 – present.
News & Results
Seven Arrowood LLP Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Posted on: 10/17/2022
Lisa G. Arrowood and Cathleen Augusto Win $4.4 Million Verdict In Failure To Diagnose Breast Cancer Case
Posted on: 09/21/2021
Cathleen Augusto, Arrowood LLP Associate, Chosen for Boston Bar Association’s Public Interest Leadership Program
Posted on: 01/27/2021
All Nine Arrowood LLP Attorneys Named 2020 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Posted on: 10/26/2020
8 Arrowood LLP Attorneys named to the 2019 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Posted on: 10/14/2019
Cathleen Augusto was appointed co-chair of the Boston Bar Association’s New Lawyers Forum.
Posted on: 06/07/2019
Cathleen Augusto will co-chair the event steering committee for the BBF’s 10th Annual Casino Night
Posted on: 03/12/2019
Cathleen Augusto and Sarah Sousa held a panel discussion entitled “How to Excel as a Second Chair” on behalf of the New Lawyers Section at the Boston Bar Association.
Posted on: 06/05/2018